Monday, August 24, 2009

Cash for Me?

So I see in the news today a picture of a guy turning in his 1999 Ford Explorer for a new car. I remember a lot of moral outrage about bailing out irresponsible homeowners who should have known that they couldn't afford what they were buying. But bailing out irresponsible car-owners who should have known that gas might get more expensive someday is, apparently, the greatest government program since Social Security.

Can someone let me know what the next bailout is going to be for? I'd like to get in on that one since I keep missing these.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yea...Montana and I have been calling it the "Cash for Republicans" program, which is short for the "Cash for republicans who don't believe in giving out cash but do believe in buying low MPG vehicles so that they can send as much as possible to rogue middle eastern states" program. I guess the whole name too long for one of O'Reilly's sound bites.

harkinna said...

grup renters...