Thursday, August 12, 2010

Book Review: The Ascent of Money

This is another book I started to review and then didn't finish.  I enjoyed this book a lot, I remember that clearly.  But now that I'm a year or more away from it, I can't remember much else about it.  Of course, that's why I write these book reviews in the first place, so it's not really fair to the book.  But at the same time, I do remember being a bit underwhelmed by it.  Ferguson's books are all now done in conjunction with the BBC for televisions specials.  And so each chapter reads a bit like a little episode of a show.  "Today: the Dutch Tulip Bubble!"  Still, it's fun stuff, even if at times he used some fairly technical jargon without explaining it.  Perhaps I'll have to just watch the show and review that instead.  Or, dear reader, you could read the book and post a comment reminding me of why I liked it.

1 comment: